Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two Year Anniversary: My Mama & Me =)

August 2nd, 2009 marks the 2-year anniversary of my Mama and I being united! I used to live out in the country--Greenville, North Carolina to be exact--with my parents and brother and sister. Many of us dachshunds lived out there. We got to run around in HUGE field, chase each other, and eat puppy food. I heard some of the other doxies barking one afternoon, and everyone was moving around all frantically. Then, I saw my soon-to-be mama and grandma arrive. I didn't know she was going to be my mama, but she played with all of us and held us all for quite some time. She kept coming over to me, and to be honest, I kept running near her so she could see me. She picked me up and looked in my eyes, and from that moment on, I knew we were soulmates. Sounds cheesy, but it is true. She likes to say we "fell in love at first sight," and I agree! Mama looked at her Mama said, "I'll take him! He's going to be my Walter!"

Walter. Had a nice ring to it. My grandma later said that my full name would be Sir Walter Raleigh because their whole family is from Raleigh, and Mama always wanted to name her male black & tan doxie Walter.

Before heading to my new home, Mama stopped in this big store that had clothes, toys, and food for pups like me! It was so much fun (I think she said the name of it was PetSmart). Immediately, one of the store employees took a liking to me. But later, when we went to another store (Walmart I think?) to get a crate for me, this mean lady said no dogs were allowed in the store. Mama tried to explain the situation, that she was merely looking to see what size crate I needed, the mean woman still refused. So, I went to my new home afterwards and cuddled my mama all night long. I love sleeping in her bed! :)

2 comments:

kalyxcorn said...

aw congratulations! i am gonna be with my mom n dad for two years in November. ain't life grand?
hugs, baxter

Laura said...

Awww that is wonderful! Life is oh-so-grand for a doxie ;) Hugs to you!